Monday, January 12, 2009

Macro "Safety" (Part II)

I hope it's not too late to wish everybody a Happy Maal Hijrah 1430 (for muslim...) & Happy New Year 2009..

Today, Monday Blues.. Monday Fever.. Monday s#*@t ... disappointed little bit with my boss... well, after I did my macro safety, I'm trying my best to prioritize my workload... between important & urgency of my workload.... take over the workload from 3 previous engineers, trying to digest & transfer the workload slowly to my new colleague... sometimes just wondering whether I did the right thing, or my boss don't know my real workload, or my boss don't know his job (at least supporting us to deliver our job)... trying to explain to him, but he looks like more as Army Jeneral (my colleague's term given to my boss) than my office's supervisor.... I think this is a typical Malaysian or Asian's managerial style... have the authority, have the power instead working as companion/colleague /team to solve the problem for the company...

However, just keep reminding myself this is part of gaining knowledge & experience for myself... trying to think rationally not emotionally....

When thinking about Macro Safety, I'm trying to adopt "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" method... one of it Put 1st Things 1st.... quite a straight forward principle, BUT it's not that easy to execute.... I believe we need to practice it... by categorized your task to important & urgent matrix, hopefully we can prioritize our workload more efficient.... it can be more efficient & effective if we can get a full support from our supervisor!!.. hehehe, back to my Monday blues...

No comments: