Monday, May 4, 2009

How to manage HSE? (Part 1)

since I'm involved in HSE discipline 8 years ago, I keep reminding myself to see HSE from different perspectives... I have been working in production, facility, construction, quality, training, purchasing, little bit on HR.... it really open my eyes... managing HSE is not that easy... this is important to ensure how you can manage HSE challenges from different angles... I can say "thinking outside the box"

then, just throwing some questions to myself..
1. What's the best method/system/process to manage HSE?
2. How HSE supposed to be managed?
3. Where to start?
4. Who owned HSE in the organization?
5. How to sell HSE to management & employees?

Yesterday, received an info on SHO exam (paper 4) in Penang... looks like >60% failed the exam... I'm concern whether SHO candidates understand SHO modules correctly or not... it's important to teach/train the SHO candidates on how to manage HSE from macro point of view 1st. This is important, so that SHO has a clear "mind mapping" on how HSE is manage... what's Module 1, 2, 3 & 4... how this module interelated? why we must learn all these modules? how to understand the modules? etc...

After I completed my MBA, discussed with my friends, read books & newspapers etc managing HSE need some "touch" that I need to polish & learn daily... it's a skill, where I'm still searching for it... I will digest this issue slowly how we can manage HSE from multiple disciplines & suit it with out environment or situation at our workplace...

No comments: