Thursday, September 10, 2009

SHO-2: Where I should begin?

Continue frm my previous blog... telling you the truth, I never knew that there is a post on Safety & Health at my 1st company that I worked... after 2 years working as Process & Equipment engineer, I think this is not the job that I want... my heart is empty at that time. I just trying to convince myself, just gain knowledge & skills as much as possible when you young. I have a good team at that time.

My first "real/formal exposure" involvement in OSH when I was selected by my boss as Safety & Health Committee (SHC) member. I just wondering at that time, why me (daaaa... maybe other people is busy & I'm the only one was free or it's another boring "jobscope" for other people..heheheh)?? I just take it without thinking a lot & hopefully my boss will see my commitment to take "additional task".... then I have good reason to promote or increase my salary (in my dream at that time, & of course not sincere enough to take additional task :).

After I joined SHC, then I can see the real "macro view" of OSH management. It really open my mind & heart when OSH talking about employee's safety, company's commitment & image, customer requirements, legal requirements, training, enforcement, ERP... wooowww, & interesting part (pssstt... you have a direct meeting with CEO!!)... nobody have that opportunity right!!.... this was my 1st stepping stone involved in OSH and it really make me to think thoroughly on my future career... this happen in year 2000...

No comments: