Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Safety & Health Officer (SHO) - 1: Where I should begin?

The main idea why I introduce this topic is because I want to share when, where, why, whom, what, how, who... I start or become SHO. I read few comments/questions in the NIOSH Forum & also in SHO mailing list on the difficulty of some new comers to involved in OSH discipline... There will be few parts in this topic & feel free to discuss this matter openly & interllectually so that this blog can bring benefits to OSH practisioners...

Let me start on "why I want to become SHO"? Fyi, I start my career as Process & Equipment Engineer. When I joined a semiconductor industry as my 1st job after I completed my study in Mechanical Engineering 11 yrs ago, I just follow my heart. At that time, I just want to work because I need to earn money.... Don't want to burden my parent of course... At the same time, I'm still not sure what's my career path... at the same time, trying to understand some Safety Standards (more on SEMI & FM standards) when preparing the equipment specs.. furthermore, I'm incharged on the equipment that used lot hazardous chemicals e.g. Acids, Caustics & Solvents!!.... that was the first time I exposed on Safety!!

No comments: